Active Investor Training Program
The Active Investor Training Program (AIP) is an intensive stock investment training program designed for investors who want to be active (20-30 minutes per day) managing
their stock investments and pension portfolios.
The training program is active, hands on and outlines how to use systematic investment methodologies to deliver absolute returns, out perform the market averages and other passive buy and hold managed funds.
All participants of the training program have access to monitor the management of a Live $100,000 portfolio managed with real capital. This brings together the 3 core components of active investing and trading.
1 The Decision Making Process of what and when to buy and sell
2 The management of risk on each trade and across a portfolio.
3 The execution of trades, using an online DMA platform.
The core educational content is delivered in a class room, usually on a Saturday with supporting content delivered online and via live online broadcasts. The following is a summary of the training program content.
Fundamental Stock Analysis
- When is a stock good value?
- How to develop a price target for your target share.
- Price Earning and PEG Ratios.
- What fundamentals drive the growth of a share price?
- What type of stock will grow the fastest and yield the most profit?
- Understand Candlesticks
- Chart Patterns & Formations
- Moving Averages
- Trending Indicators
- Support & Resistance
Exchange Traded Funds
- Learn how to invest passively and inexpensively using Exchange Traded Funds and effect theme based investment styles such as exposure to China or Brazil or commodities such as Gold or Silver.
- Learn how to control investment and manage risk when trading ETF’s using technical analysis techniques.
Trend Following Techniques
- What is trend following?
- How trend following is used to manages investments?
- How to use technical analysis trading methods to implement a trend following investment process
- How positions are scaled and how risk is managed using trend following techniques.
Swing Trading Techniques
- What is Swing Trading?
- How to use technical analysis trading methods to identify large 2-5 day gains by Swing Trading Techniques.
- Performance Metrics on swing Trading.
Systematic Trading Techniques
- Introduction to Systematic Trading
- What is systematic trading
- Systematic Trend Following Models
- Systematic Swing Trading Models
- Developing a trading plan using systematic trading methodologies.
- Review of some systematic trading structures and performance analysis
- Implementing a trading plan using systematic trading techniques.
Trade Management Techniques
- How to develop and maintain a daily Trading Journal.
- Using spreadsheet templates to manage your trading journal and day to day investing and risk management.
- Trade and Investment sizing techniques
- Trade and Portfolio risk analysis methods
Free Re Sits and continued Access to the Online Material
- We have a free online re-sit policy for the active investor training program. You have continuous access to the online material and its updated content, plus access to our in house hands on trading platform training sessions on an ongoing basis.
This is a great, inexpensive way to take the first step in managing your own investments and growing your wealth. After the course you can knowledgeably monitor us on a
weekly basis managing a live 100k portfolio.
Dates and Venues
Dublin: 28th January: 10am- 4pm. Venue: Solas Financial Dublin Offices
Cork: 4th Feb: 10am- 4pm. Venue: Solas Financial Cork Offices
Free 14 Day Free Trial
Try our Software Free for 14 Days
Take a 14 day, no obligations Free Trial of the Solas Trend Finder and Swing Trading Software. Verify the trading results yourself. No Credit Card Required.
Please complete your details below:
To Register by Phone:
Please call us:
UK: 00 44 0808 234 9833
Europe: 00 353 21 4875300
(Office Hours 10am - 6pm GMT)